In this module, we were tasked with building a program that could read in a list of conversions, and use those conversions to convert the user’s input from the specified units to another specified unit. There was a focus on the structure of the program as well as creating your own algorithms rather than relying on Capitalize(), etc. There was also a maths coursework along with an exam for this module, featuring both A-Level maths and Programming (C#).
I found the main coursework very interesting as it had me thinking during several points of how I could allow the conversions to happen in the best possible way and where I would have to create my own algorithms.
I ended up making algorithms to set all letters in certain strings to lowercase by using the letters numeric values. I also took out unnecessary characters, like empty spaces.